Stand number: 242
The subject of the pendant, shown in profile in enamel, is Augustine-Alice Ledru (c.1870- 1909), Lalique’s muse and later his wife.
She is shown framed by gold stems bearing carved glass pine cones and needles, a decorative motif (and symbol of eternity) that appears to date from the year 1898 when Lalique acquired Clairefontaine, a property to the south of Paris populated with pine trees. The façade, glass doors and wrought-iron balconies of the premises he opened in 1902 at 49 Cours la Reine entirely echo the decorative scheme found in this much-published jewel. It promises to be the highlight of Wartski’s stand.