1) Chinese vase smashes Exeter saleroom record taking £460,000 at auction
The potential for vendors, and auctioneers, to strike it rich in the field of Chinese works of art is alive and well.
2) Christie’s raises buyer’s premium to target 'middle market' and top-end
Christie’s has raised its buyer’s premium, increasing the level at which its 25% threshold applies and adding an extra percentage point to its charges above £3m.
3) Movers and shakers: the latest hires in the auction world
New joiners and promotions across the auction industry including at Lyon & Turnbull, Chiswick Auctions and Christie’s.
4) Ten stand-out lots from the sale of dealer Peter Petrou’s collection at Christie’s
The well-known works of art dealer Peter Petrou offered 150 lots from his eclectic collection at Christie’s in a dedicated sale called Tales of the Unexpected.
5) Five lots to watch at auction this week including a Byron silhouette and a 1960s jukebox
With estimates from £100-3000, here are five previews from upcoming sales.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period January 31-February 6, 2019.