You cannot believe the difficulty I have had trying to find all the pieces. I have visited many antiques centres and fairs around the country and I have many dealers who specialise in high-quality pottery travelling around searching on my behalf.
I have used thesaleroom.com, eBay UK and US and many other places as well as advertising in journals and newspapers.
Most of my purchases have come from auctions the US where there is a Wedgwood collectors group. I cannot find a similar group in the UK.
Back in 2005 I even commissioned Wedgwood to remake the Flaxman chess set for me and they made a number of sets in a range of colours which I then sold in the US and UK.
Many people in the UK are not aware that pottery chess sets were made by Doulton, Minton, Wedgwood, Martin Brothers, Castleford, Swinton, Rockingham and Worcester and designed by names such as John Flaxman, Arnold Machin, Martin Brothers, John Bell and George Tinworth.
I am in my 75th year and would like to finish the Wedgwood Flaxman set before my time is up.
I am willing to pay a good price for the pieces on this list:
• Two white rooks with dark blue bases.
• One white rook.
• One white queen with dark blue base.
• One white pawn with number ‘5’ incised to the base.
• One white pawn with number ‘2’ incised to the base.
• One white pawn with number ‘3’ incised to the base.
• One white pawn with dark blue base with number ‘2’ incised to the base.
• One white pawn with dark blue base with number ‘4’ incised to the base.
Readers can contact Tony via email@example.com