Dubbed The Cotswolds Collection, it was pieced together at the country house sales that proliferated in the inter-war years by one Mr Perry, the owner of a garage and a roadside cafe with a sunken garden as its focal point near the village of Dodington.
Trading into the 1950s, the site then fell into disrepair and was fenced off. Only late last year, when the present owners decided to clear the site, did some significant objects come to light.
Some pieces in the sale had provenances to nearby country estates – including this pair of early 20th century carved Cotswold stone seats measuring 5ft 9in x 6ft 4in (1.76 x 1.92m).
They were bought by Perry in 1924 at a sale conducted by Gloucestershire Bruton Knowles at Owlpen Manor, Dursley, a Tudor house reworked in the late 19th century in the Arts & Crafts style.
The pair took £21,000 (estimate £12,000-18,000) on September 29.