1. RAF issue IWC wristwatch in stainless steel case with black enamel dial, c.1948, the case back marked 6b/346 and 1770/48 – Sterling Vault, Farnham, March 29, £3000.
2. Unused RAF Mk VIII flying goggles, still with the original store tag and card box of issue (missing ointment) – C&T Auctions, Tunbridge Wells, January 30, £160.
3. First World War MC group of five awarded to Group Captain Guy Yelverton Tyrrell (b.1893). Part of the East Kent Regiment from 1914-17, he was attached to the Royal Flying Corps as Flying Officer on December 12, 1917, and transferred to the RAF on 1 April 1918. He became Flight Lieutenant in December 1923 and Group Captain in June 1940 – Sworders, Stansted Mountfitchet, March 13, £1000.
4. Boxed yellow metal RAF ‘sweetheart’ brooch by Charles Horner stamped 9ct – Maxwells, Stockport, February 14, £100.
5. RAF B-Type brown leather flying helmet originally belonging to Sergeant (Pilot) Philip Colmer Eyre, who was killed in action when his Whitley bomber was shot down over Holland in September 1941 – C&T Auctions, Tunbridge Wells, January 30, £1700.