1) Pair of Windsor Chairs sets a furniture puzzle
A pair of polychrome Windsor chairs sold at Lawrences of Crewkerne are part of a group that pose a puzzle for furniture historians.
2) Pick of the week: Record price for an RAF Victoria Cross
The Battle of Britain or Dambusters are usually involved when it comes to sizeable Royal Air Force medal results.
3) Anti-slavery glass stars in our pick of five auction highlights
ATG’s weekly selection of items that caught bidders’ eyes includes a rare anti-slavery glass rummer that went 20-times above estimate in Salisbury.
4) Xianfeng’s flask comes to auction
Alastair Gibson Auctions has secured a remarkable Chinese imperial object with a Second Opium War provenance for a sale in London in the summer.
5) Brontë mini book heads home to Haworth after £1m raised to buy it from New York dealer
A rediscovered miniature book by Charlotte Brontë has been sold at a New York book fair.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period April 28-May 4, 2022.