1) George III carved mahogany tables in our pick of five auction highlights
Items that caught bidders’ eyes at auction included a pair of George III carved mahogany tables that sold for more than three-times their estimate in the US.
2) Government undertakes Ivory Act survey for “awareness campaign”
The government has launched a survey for dealers and auction house specialists to help develop an awareness campaign on the Ivory Act.
3) A collection of Cotswolds school furniture is among five lots to watch
Five previews of items at auction including the Lyon & Turnbull sale of The Minoprio Collection: British Design in the Arts & Crafts Tradition of Cotswolds school furniture.
4) A rare silver souvenir of the 1684 frost fair
A rare trefid spoon from the 1684 Frost fair will be offered at Lawrences of Crewkerne.
5) New hires and salerooms – a round up of Movers and Shakers in the UK, US and China
A new appointment at Kinghams was among the latest jobs news across the world of art and antiques.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period January 7 - January 13, 2022.