1) Shock £1.3m bid for Yongzheng mark vase at Hampshire auction
Estimated at £400-600, a Chinese porcelain vase was bid to £1.3m at an auction in Hampshire last week.
2) ‘Stolen’ Joshua Reynolds portrait at centre of controversy between UK family and Japanese museum
A Japanese museum has claimed it bought a painting by Sir Joshua Reynolds “in good faith and without fault from a respectable art dealer” after it was identified as being stolen from a UK stately home.
3) Two collections from celebrated interior designers to be offered at auctions at Bonhams this autumn
A collection from interior designer and socialite Nicky Haslam and another from decorator and dealer Christopher Hodsoll will be offered at auction at Bonhams London.
4) Christie’s launches young collectors club to attract new buyers to the art world
Christie’s Education has launched The Young Collectors Club to help enthusiastic young art lovers to increase their knowledge and collections.
5) Fabergé sedan chair sets house record for Cirencester firm
A gold, jade and rock crystal model of a sedan chair by Fabergé was hammered down at £380,000 last week – a new house record for a Gloucestershire auctioneer.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period September 12-18, 2019.