1) Only Fools and Horses millionaire cheque and other props come to auction in Bristol
The £6.2m cheque that finally made the Trotter brothers millionaires is offered at auction.
2) Rare Roman gold coin found in Kent field sells at £460,000
A rare Roman gold coin, found by a metal detectorist in a field in Kent, was hammered down at £460,000.
3) English delftware and Thunderbirds artwork once owned by Bob Monkhouse – six auction highlights that caught bidders’ eyes
ATG’s selection of hammer highlights includes English delftware, an early acoustic gramophone, Thunderbirds artwork and a Qing period double gourd vase.
4) Mahatma Gandhi sculpture more than doubles Antiques Roadshow valuation at Salisbury auction
A maquette for the famous statue of Mahatma Gandhi in London’s Tavistock Square that was valued at £20,000 six years ago on BBC’s Antiques Roadshow by dealer Philip Mould drew a lengthy bidding battle at auction.
5) US auctioneer Hindman to launch buy-it-now option as it seeks to be ‘America's premier mid-market auction house’
Chicago-headquartered US auctioneer Hindman, formerly Leslie Hindman Auctioneers, has an ambitious agenda that goes beyond its recent rebrand.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period June 6-12, 2019.