1) Only Fools and Horses millionaire cheque sold for £9100 at Bristol auction
The £6.2m cheque that finally made the Trotter brothers millionaires was sold for £9100 at an auction in Bristol.
2) Sotheby's sold to media entrepreneur and art collector Patrick Drahi in $3.7bn deal
Sotheby’s has been sold to BidFair USA, a company owned by media and telecom entrepreneur and art collector Patrick Drahi.
3) Remarkable Moorcroft pottery collection comes to auction in Evesham
Worcestershire auctioneer Kingham & Orme is to disperse a remarkable collection of Moorcroft pottery amassed over a 35-year period by a UK collector.
4) Gun found in a field where artist van Gogh shot himself to be sold in Paris
Vincent van Gogh died from a gunshot wound in the summer of 1890 in Auvers-sur-Oise in the south of France. Now the gun he used to shoot himself is appearing at auction.
5) Record-breaking Martin Brothers grinning crab barred from export
A ‘colossal and extraordinary grotesque grinning crab’ by the Martin Brothers that sold at auction last year has been temporarily barred from export from the UK.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period June 13-19, 2019.