1) London Auctions enters liquidation with vendors left unpaid
London Auctions Ltd is insolvent and has entered liquidation proceedings. The west London firm, based at 30-34 Chiswick High Road is understood to have debts of more than £137,000 with around £44,000 owed to unpaid consignors.
2) Replica US Open trophy leads auction of items seized from tennis star Boris Becker
The auction of sporting memorabilia seized from Boris Becker has finally taken place with some extraordinary prices bid for a series of trophies won by the bankrupt tennis star.
3) Sapphire intaglio ring identified as one of the long-lost Marlborough gems
Ahead of its auction in Salisbury, a sapphire intaglio ring has been re-catalogued after being recognised as one of the renowned Marlborough gems.
4) Dealers and collectors win High Court permission for judicial review of ivory ban law
A High Court judge has given the go-ahead for a full hearing on the legality of the controversial Ivory Act, due to usher in a near-total ban on the UK trade in antique ivory when it comes into force later this year.
5) Silver Tompion pocket watch discovered buried in Hexham ground
A silver pocket watch by ‘father of British clockmaking’ Thomas Tompion has been literally unearthed in Northumberland.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period July 11-17, 2019.