1) James Bond Moonraker laser rifle stuns at auction taking £22,000
A Moonraker laser rifle and letter from Roger Moore was among the highlights at a James Bond auction in the Midlands. It was created especially for the futuristic 1979 James Bond film and was offered at Aston’s Entertainment & Memorabilia auction on January 17.
2) Marchant ring at 195-times top estimate
Estimated at just £150-200, a sardonyx cameo ring sold to a dealer for £39,000 at Tennants of Leyburn, North Yorkshire.
3) What lots caught bidders’ eyes in the last week? Five auction highlights including a George I walnut chest
ATG’s selection of hammer highlights over the past week include a George I walnut chest with some appealing decoration and a bronze sculpture of a golden eagle by Dame Elisabeth Frink.
4) Gallery takes legal action against Christie’s over private sale of Francis Bacon painting
A legal claim lodged against Christie’s in New York has highlighted some of the practices relating to private sales that top-end auctioneers make behind closed doors.
5) At IACF Ardingly, sellers and buyers beat the Brexit and winter blues
As momentous parliamentary debates on future trade relations with the EU raged in London, cross-border business went on regardless at the latest IACF Ardingly fair in West Sussex.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period January 17-23, 2019.