1) James Bond memorabilia auctions include shocking letter from the saintly Roger Moore
Suave and sophisticated are the terms that come to mind when referring to the late, great and saintly James Bond actor Roger Moore. So it comes as a bit of a shock to see the content of a letter written by Moore among a group of 007 collectables offered in the West Midlands.
2) Monumental Meiji vase 'rediscovered' in a Californian restaurant comes to auction
For over a century, a monumental 8ft (2.44m) high Meiji cloisonné vase provided the focal point to one of the San Francisco Bay Area’s oldest restaurants.
3) Movers and shakers: the latest arts and antiques appointments including new faces at Bonhams
A trio of hires for Bonhams as contemporary art and digital growth become a focus for the auction house following the purchase by private equity group Epiris in September.
4) Chelsea Art Fair cancelled as future remains “doubtful”
The Chelsea Art Fair, which was due to run in April, has been cancelled indefinitely.
5) Modern British art dealer launches new website for paintings under £2000 to encourage new buyers
Modern British art specialist Liss Llewellyn has divided its business across two buying platforms to help customers search for and find pictures from its 4000 items of stock more easily.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period January 10-16, 2019.