1) Sir Rod Stewart’s collection under the hammer again – Essex house move means more lots come to auction at Sworders
Auction house Sworders is selling another batch of items from singer Sir Rod Stewart.
2) Bought for £1 in a charity shop, will Chinese vase be worth £80,000?
Purchased for £1 from a Hertfordshire charity shop earlier this year, a Qianlong famille rose wall vase will carry an estimate up to £80,000 at Sworders in the autumn.
3) Mask ‘matches Crosby Garrett find’
Roman relic up for auction is believed to be from same workshop as famous helmet.
4) Rare late Anglo-Saxon and early Norman conquest coin hoard discovered in Somerset valued at £4m
A Bath museum hopes to acquire a rare hoard of coins found in a Chew Valley field that could be valued at £4m.
5) A new senior valuer at Dreweatts is among the latest Movers and Shakers across the art and antiques sector
An update on recent appointments across the art and antiques market.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period August 29-September 4, 2019.