1) Appeal to help find missing painting after prolific pensioner art thief jailed
A prolific pensioner art thief has been sentenced to two years in jail. Police are now calling for help to locate a painting that he stole from a private members’ club in London.
2) Grima jewellery, Devlin designs and a Kangxi vase – six auction highlights that caught bidders’ eyes in the last week
ATG’s selection of hammer highlights included an Andrew Grima ring and two Stuart Devlin silver gilt surprise eggs that sold for many multiples of their estimates.
3) New faces at Bonhams, Potter & Potter and Webb’s among the latest movers across the art and antiques trade
An update on recent moves and appointments in the art and antiques industry.
4) Rare Roman gold coin found in Kent field comes to auction
A very rare Roman gold coin, found by a metal detectorist in a field in Kent last month, will come to auction with an estimate of £70,000-100,000.
5) Dealer sells last William Powell Frith panorama but it will now go on public view
The last panoramic painting by William Powell Frith (1819-1909) in private hands has been sold – but will not vanish from the public eye just yet.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period April 4-10, 2019.