1) Five highlights from Golding Young & Mawer’s sale of Stamford dealers' St George’s Collection
The sale of the stock and personal collection of two Stamford dealers features a who’s who of English furniture and object makers. ATG picked five items from more than 800 lots for closer inspection.
2) James I silver box, Lucie Rie bowl and a mahogany side table – six auction highlights that caught bidders’ eyes in the last week
ATG’s selection of hammer highlights over the past week included a James I silver shell box, a stoneware footed bowl by Lucie Rie and a George II mahogany side table.
3) Auction house Christie’s launches tie-up with online art and antiques marketplace 1stdibs
Christie’s will sell a collection of art and design objects through marketplace 1stdibs.
4) New York Old Master dealer helps UK museums buy Zucchi portrait of Scottish architect and designer James Adam
The National Galleries of Scotland and the Victoria & Albert Museum have bought Italian artist Antonio Zucchi’s (1726-95) portrait of architect James Adam (1732-94).
5) Search for UK buyer to pay £11.5m for Old Master drawing blocked from export
A sketch by Dutch artist Lucas van Leyden (1494-1533) has been temporarily blocked from export in the hope of finding a UK buyer.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period April 18-24, 2019.