1) Famous ‘Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies’ painting from 1980s comedy ‘Allo ‘Allo sells at Bristol auction
The prop that was a running joke in the 1980s sitcom ‘Allo ‘Allo, the 'Old Master' painting known as the Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies, was hammered down at East Bristol Auctions' auctions last Saturday.
2) Antiques dealer and TV presenter Paul Martin to open new gallery in Wiltshire
Former Flog It! presenter Paul Martin is to open a new art and antiques gallery in the historic Cotswold market town of Corsham in February.
3) UK issues export bar for Turner masterpiece sold at Sotheby’s auction
The UK government has issued an export bar for JMW Turner’s Walton Bridges which had sold in a Sotheby's auction in July.
4) Roman bronze foot from monumental statue makes 10-times estimate at Bonhams auction
A Roman bronze foot from a monumental statue topped an auction of Antiquities held by Bonhams in London when it sold for a hammer price of £160,000, far in excess of its £10,000-15,000 estimate.
5) Renoir stolen from Viennese auction house Dorotheum
It has been reported that a man and two accomplices walked into auction house Dorotheum in Vienna and walked out with a Renoir that was due to be auctioned.