1) BBC's decision to axe Flog It! after 17 years is "disappointing," presenters say
The long-running and successful antiques programme Flog It! has been axed as part of the BBC’s 'modernisation' of its daytime schedule, a decision presenters have described as "very sad news" and "disappointing for viewers".
2) Banksy pranks art market with self-destructing picture at Sotheby’s auction
Street artist Banksy managed to prank the art market by booby trapping his ‘Girl with Balloon’ picture that sold at auction for £1.04m at Sotheby’s.
3) Sotheby’s refutes $380m fraud claim filed in New York court
Sotheby’s has described a claim filed in New York that it conspired to defraud the Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev as “entirely without merit”.
4) Appeal for information following ‘Mission Impossible’ style theft at York antiques centre
Red House Antiques Centre in York was the victim of an audacious ‘Mission Impossible’ style burglary.
5) Contents of a Staffordshire manor house comes to auction in Derbyshire
Derbyshire auction house Hansons is selling the complete contents of a Staffordshire manor house. Bishton Hall, at Wolseley Bridge, near Stafford, was built and has been home to the Stafford Northcote family and Saint Bede’s Prep School since 1946.