1) Can wheeler dealers become antique dealers? Former Flog It! presenter Paul Martin launches new BBC show
TV presenter and antiques specialist Paul Martin has kept himself busy following the announcement that Flog It!, the show he presented for 17 years, has been scrapped.
2) Amazon-owned AbeBooks u-turns on plan to quit trading in four countries after boycott by more than 550 book dealers
A backlash against Amazon-owned AbeBooks over the online book portal’s decision to quit selling in a number of countries has forced the company to backtrack on its plans.
3) Assyrian relief sets second-highest price for ancient art at Christie’s New York despite Iraq’s repatriation call
An Assyrian relief unearthed from the royal palace at Nimrud in modern-day Iraq has set the second highest ever price for a piece of ancient art at auction after selling at Christie’s New York.
4) TEFAF ‘says farewell’ to dealer and auction house vetters after change in global policy
Art dealers and auction house experts have been struck from all TEFAF vetting panels following the introduction of a new global policy.
5) Gas explosion causes blaze at Nottingham Cattle Market but auction house Arthur Johnson unaffected
A blaze broke out in four buildings at Nottingham Cattle Market after gas cylinders exploded.