Antiques and vintage watches were among the stolen items that Avon and Somerset Constabulary are searching for.
Two masked men forced their way into a property in Boyd Valley near the village of Bitton, between Bristol and Bath, and threatened and tied up the householder.
High-value jewellery and objects were taken including:
- Rolex Deepsea blue watch
- Rolex Daytona platinum watch
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso steel 8-day watch
- Kutchinsky 18ct gold cocktail bangle set with 90 princess-cut diamonds
- Oval gold snuff box dated 1780
- Giacomo Raffaelli snuff box dated 1791
- Solitaire ring set with a brilliant-cut diamond
The burglary, took place at about 5.45pm on August 30. The offenders are described as white men aged 25-30, with covered faces, wearing dark clothing and high-vis tabards. One was said to be about 6ft tall, of slim to medium build with short dark hair while the other was about 5ft 10in tall and of medium build. It is believed the men may have driven off in a grey or silver Audi A3.
The victim is now offering a substantial reward of up to £50,000 for information leading to an arrest, conviction and recovery of the property.
Anyone with information which could help the investigation can call 101, quoting reference 5217198805. Alternatively ring the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.