Built at Hatfield in 1938, it was taken-on-charge by 613 Squadron at Ringway the same year and given the RAF serial no.N6965.
Unlike the vast majority of Tigers that were used for ab-initio (from the beginning) training, this example was deployed as a spotter, liaising with ground units in northern France.
It was purchased by the current vendor in 1985 and last flown in 1999. It will go under the hammer estimated at £40,000-60,000 on March 20.
Contact 01485 542 822.