The Easter weekend is one of the busiest in the fairs and markets calendar and here’s a quick look at just 10 of the numerous events taking place:
1) In Berkshire and the long-running antiques market run by Joy O'Meara as Jay Fairs at the Corn Exchange in Hungerford, on Saturday, March 30. Tel: 012355 8125633. www.jayfairs.co.uk
2) Home to Scotland's oldest university, the small town of St Andrews is on the east coast of Fife and during term time students make up one third of the town's 16,000 population. Mike Frodsham and Rob Walker will be running their regular antiques and collectors' fair at St Andrews Town Hall on Saturday, March 30. Tel: 01334 838217. www.standrewsantiquefair.co.uk
3) Brian Ashbee has his popular antiques and collectables fair at St Margaret's Hall in Bradford-on-Avon, near Bath in Wiltshire, on Saturday, March 30. In the 17th century this was a town made wealthy by the local textile industry and there are still some original weavers' houses remaining. Tel: 0117 9605946. www.boaflea.co.uk
4) Penshurst is one of Kent's many pretty villages, made the more so by the 14th century Penshurst Place, where Elizabeth l frolicked. Many buyers combine a visit to the small three-day Penshurst antiques fair with a stroll through the Penshurst Estate and gardens. The fair, held in the village hall next to the church, for which the event is a fundraiser, usually has some good pieces for sale - textiles, luggage, treen. It has been run for 40 years over the Easter and August bank holidays and now by specialist glass dealer Stephen Hazell-Smith. Saturday, March 30, to Monday, April 1. Tel: 01892 870649.
5) The Heritage family, who run their Antiques2go portfolio of seven fairs and markets across the Midlands, hold their flagship biannual two-day antiques and collectors' fair at the Grade I-Listed Lamport Hall, near Northampton, on Sunday, March 31, and Easter Monday, April 1. www.antiques2go.co.uk
6) Charlotte and Frankie Milford of Field Dog Fairs will be in Newark, Nottinghamshire, at the Magnus Sports Hall with their antiques and collectors fair on Sunday, March 31. Tel: 07772 349431.
7) In Lincolnshire, Arthur Swallow's Richard Burgoin and his team will be working flat out to get their big antiques and home show ready as it spreads out across the vast plains of the Lincolnshire Showground on on Saturday and Sunday, April 1 and 2. Visit www.asfairs.com for more information. As usual the fair will be followed by another giant, IACF's Newark International Antiques and Collectors Fair at the nearby Newark and Nottingham Showground on April 5-6. Visit www.iacf.co.uk for more information.
8) In Suffolk, Charmaine's Country Collection, aka Charmaine Farmer, has her regular antiques and collectables fair in the village of Risby, near Bury St Edmunds on Sunday, March 31. Tel: 01787 280267.
9) Fresh from their success at the Custard Factory in Birmingham - B2B's Helen Martin and Alan Yourston will be happily directing crowd control at their busy, 300-plus stall flea and collectors' fair at the Three Counties Showground in Malvern on Monday, April 1. Tel: 01334 838217.
10) Sue Ede's giant flea and collectors' market at the Bath and West Showground, Shepton Mallet in Somerset is one of the most visited markets in the country with hundreds of stands inside and out. Lots of French stuff and plenty of quirkiness. The next event is on Sunday, March 3. www.sheptonflea.com