MALLETT have quit their New Bond Street showroom for Ely House in Dover Street, in the heart of Mayfair.

Having been a prominent member of the dealing community in Bond Street for over 100 years, they announced their intention to leave in July, saying they intended to adapt to the times - with more business by appointment than passing trade - by cutting overheads without compromising on the need for a "glamorous showroom".

Ely House, the former London palace of the Bishop of Ely, built between 1772 and 1776 by the renowned architect Robert Taylor, certainly fulfils that pledge.