Dated to c.1725 and measuring 5in (13cm) high, the Italian piece was decorated with botanical specimens and mounted in bronze to the lid and the spout.
It was an unusual over-the-counter consignment for Skinner (the vendor's mother had bought it in Europe in the 1940s), and was in excellent condition.
The mounts were thought to be of the period.
Offered in Skinner's quarterly British and Continental furniture and works of art auction on January 7-8, it drew both both trade and private bidders (all of them on the telephone), before it sold at $80,000 (£53,000) plus 18.5% buyer's premium.
The buyer was thought to be a private collector.
The Vezzi factory made porcelain for only seven years and a significant percentage of the surviving wares are teapots. It was the third factory in Europe to produce hard-paste porcelain was founded in Venice in 1720 by Venetian goldsmiths Francesco and Giuseppe Vezzi with technical expertise from Christoph Conrad Hunger. The latter had worked at the Du Paquier factory in Vienna and would later oversee porcelain production at St Petersburg.