Enjoy unlimited access: just £1 for 12 weeks

Subscribe now

And now Mr Law has decided that the gallery will open on Sundays for a trial period of three months.

Since he took over the reins of the company two years ago, Mr Law has expanded its fairs programme and brought in new initiatives.

Saturday is now the busiest day, and he told ATG that many existing clients found that Sunday was the day of the week that they found themselves in the West End and wanting to buy.

With Sotheby’s holding sale previews on Sundays, Mr Law hopes that the three-month trial period will become permanent and anticipates other retail outlets in Bond Street opening their doors to take advantage of business too.

On the acquisition front, Amor acquired an initial stake of 51 per cent in the business at the beginning of 2006, with a commitment to buy the remaining 49 per cent within four years.

That target has now been reached, Mr Law revealed last week.