Here is the list:
• AFTER organising a few fairs at the Bearings Business Centre in Newark last year and following the closure of the Swinderby Village Hall fair, which she ran for eight years, largely due to changes in the fair dates at Swinderby, well-known organiser Margaret Begley-Gray of 30-year old MBG Fairs has found a new and, she feels, a much better local venue.
Said Margaret: “It’s a terrific location on the A46, at the Bridge Community Centre, which I didn’t know of earlier and midway between Newark Town Centre and the Newark Showground. Held on the Wednesday between the Swinderby and Newark Fairs, stands are only £20 for a six-footer and £35 for a double and stallholders will benefit from the many dealers and overseas buyers in the area.”
The first event takes place on October 11. Tel: 01636 704442.
• ON Saturday October 7 and Sunday October 8, there will be a reopening of the antiques and collectors fair at Swinderby Village Hall. Said new organiser Jan Carroll: “The fairs were organised by Margaret Begley-Gray and closed earlier this year. I used to stand at Swinderby Village Hall and, with a few of the other dealers there, we felt it was such a shame that the fairs had ceased. So we’ve reopened in time for the DMG and Swinderby week.” Tel: 07745 657 126.
• IN NEWARK on October 7 and 8, The Advertiser Group of Newspapers are holding their biannual antiques and collectors’ fair at the Winthorpe Community Centre. Tel: John Pullen on 01636 681234.
• Field Dog Fairs are at the Magnus Sports Hall in Bowbridge Road, Newark on Sunday October 8. Tel: 01780 410286.
• ON Sunday October 8, Abbey Fairs’ Art Deco, Art Nouveau and Arts & Crafts fair will be at Kelham Hall, near Newark (A617). Tel: 07812 510298.
• Savile House Fairs are at Farndon Village Hall, also near Newark (A46). Tel: 01777 870537.
• DMG are at the Newark Showground on Thursday October 12 to Saturday October 14. Tel: 01636 702326.
• Arthur Swallow Fairs are at Swinderby Airfield on Tuesday and Wednesday October 10 and 11. Tel: 01298 27493.
• Wednesday October 11 sees organiser Linda Perry with an antiques fair at Newark’s Bearings Business Centre in Bowbridge Road. Said Linda: “I’ve been organising the fairs here now for the last six months. The October fair is our third and we have 40 dealers so it's a full house and there’s a waiting list.” Tel: 0115 939 2249.
What a week in Newark...
IN Nottinghamshire from Saturday October 7 to Saturday October 14 , it’s one hectic week for antiques and collectors’ fairs. Buyers can spend the week rushing around nine venues on a mighty buying spree, including the Newark and Swinderby Fairs.
Here is the list: