1) Halls' fine art director Jeremy Lamond to leave after two decades at Shropshire auction house
Jeremy Lamond, Halls’ fine art director, will depart after 23 years at the firm.
2) Cartoon for ‘Punch’, novelty smoking set and leather jewellery case – six auction highlights that caught bidders’ eyes in the last week
ATG’s selection of hammer highlights over the past week includes a novelty smoking set that fetched 40-times estimate, a cartoon for 'Punch' that took 20-times estimate and a leather jewellery case that made over 30-times estimate.
3) Social media storm stops Maori cloak auction
Sussex auction house Burstow & Hewett has withdrawn a rare Maori cloak after its imminent sale was met by online threats and abuse.
4) The latest Movers and Shakers across the art and antiques market including at Bonhams, Halls and Tate Ward
An update on moves and appointments from across the art world and auction houses.
5) Miniature sedan chair by Fabergé takes £380,000 at Cotswold auction
A model of a sedan chair by Fabergé made of gold, jade and rock crystal was sold at an auction in Gloucestershire for £380,000 to a bidder on the phone.
This list is based on unique users for individual news stories over the period September 5-11, 2019.