- Rafael Valls Limited
Rafael Valls Limited has been dealing successfully in old master paintings in St. James’s for over forty years. We currently have a vacancy for a full-time Gallery Manager. This is a varied, hands-on role and would suit someone with a keen interest in old masters who is willing to cooperate and who will enjoy working as an integral part of a small team.
The role includes
- Client liaison
- Maintaining our database
- Marketing such as updating our mailing list and website; ensuring that our advertising is effective and targeted appropriately
- Participating in the process of selecting, purchasing and selling art works
- Collaborating on the planning and design of our annual catalogues, as well as researching and writing up fact sheets for new acquisitions.
- Assisting with exhibitions and art fair installation and de-installation (UK and abroad)
- Demonstrable interest in/knowledge of old master paintings
- Experience in handling sales
- Minimum one-year experience in a similar position preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an appetite for art research.
- High level of IT literacy working with MS office and familiarity with a broad spectrum of social media platforms
- Proficiency in the use of Photoshop, InDesign and similar tools
- A genuine interest in old master paintings;
- Responsible, versatile and organised with meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent people skills;
- A dynamic, outgoing, proactive personality;
- A flexible approach to the job, and the ability and willingness to work flexible hours if necessary
- Bachelor or higher degree;
- Prior knowledge of HMRC procedures for import and export of art works;
- Prior knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) procedures for Customer Due Diligence;
- Prior knowledge of Bonded Warehouse/TA procedures;
- Prior knowledge of handling and hanging of old master paintings;
- Proficiency in several foreign languages eg. French, Spanish.
- How to apply:
Closing date for applications: 10th October 2022.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to Benedikte@rafaelvalls.co.uk