The contents of a filling station saved from the bulldozer and then converted into a museum will be offered for sale in July.
Motoring Memories, a haven of automobilia,
was first created in 1982 when Robin Barnard, a local farmer,
bought the garage and its surrounding buildings in the village of
He has spent the intervening years filling
it with rare petrol globes, enamel advertising signs and over 40
The garage, built in 1927, was still a
working fuelling station until 2001.
Valued at around £750,000, the contents of
the museum will be auctioned off with no reserve by South West
automobilia expert Richard Edmonds on Saturday, July 13.
More details and a full catalogue will be online closer to the
Tel: 01249 444544.