ARE you the owner of an antiques shop, vintage shop, antiques centre or auction house? Are you keen to be nominated as one of Britain’s best antiques shops? There have been 1900 nominations so far.
You can download fliers and logos from www.homesandantiques.com
Here are some easy tips on how to boost your profile.
• Make sure the fliers are clearly displayed in your shop.
• Put a story about the competition on your website. People can
nominate online so this is the easiest way to encourage them to do
so. Make sure too that the logo is clearly visible on the home page
of your website. If it's hidden away where no-one can see it, fewer
people will be able to nominate you.
• If you're promoting the campaign online, make sure the
logo/page links through to either of the websites listed above, so
your customers can nominate you straightaway.
• Contact your local paper or radio station and ask them to
support you in your quest. Businesses which have done this have had
some great press coverage.
• Email your customers to encourage them to nominate you - again
if you include a link to the websites listed above they will be
able to do it there and then.
• Highlight the campaign via Facebook and Twitter - they're a
great way of spreading the word.