The Victoria & Albert Museum’s sculpture collection will be redisplayed this spring in the new Dorothy and Michael Hintze Galleries.
Opening directly onto the new John Madejski garden, the light-filled galleries will display some of the museum’s finest sculpture from 1600 to 1900, made by British sculptors or acquired by British patrons. The galleries, opening in March, are named in honour of major benefactors, Dorothy and Michael Hintze.
The new galleries are part of the V&A’s ten-year plan to transform the museum through new displays and make it easier for
visitors to get around. Galleries devoted to silver, paintings,
sculpture, architecture, prints and drawings, portrait miniatures, and sacred silver and stained glass have already opened, while this summer will see the opening of the Jameel Gallery of Islamic art.
Antiques Trade Gazette is the weekly bible of the fine art and antiques industry. Read articles like this every week in the Antiques Trade Gazette or ATG app. Click here to subscribe today.
Back to top